All Meetings are scheduled for 2:00 PM on the 4th Sunday of the Month at the Town Office unless otherwise noted.
Work days on the Old Creamery will be announced on Front Porch Forum.
President: Stan Wilbur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
THGS Ongoing Projects
- We publish a quarterly journal, The Tinmouth Channel, with articles about Tinmouth and Vermont history and Tinmouth-related genealogy. Editor – Grant Reynolds.
- Archeology of historic sites in Tinmouth
- Restoring the Old Creamery (next to the town office on Mountain View Road)
- Maintenance of the many cemetaries other than the main Tinmouth Cemetery on route 140.
- Identifying and preserving old Tinmouth photos in acid-free folders.
- Identifying the Tinmouth soldiers who served in the Civil war, including the houses they lived in when they enlisted, and putting them in a computer data base.
- Encouraging story-telling and writing about town and family history. Making oral history tapes from long-time residents.
- THGS Display at Vermont History Expo.