Tinmouth Community Fund Scholarship AND
the Pam Garceau Memorial Scholarship AND
the Susan McIntosh Lloyd Memorial Scholarship
The Tinmouth Community Fund granted its first grants to two graduating high school seniors in June of 2012 and followed with 5 more in 2013.
- 2014 5 – $800 scholarships were awarded to Tinmouth students
- In 2015 and 2016 $9500 was awarded
- In 2017 $10,500 was awarded to 9 students
- In 2018 and 2019 $11,000 was awarded
- In 2020, $12,000 was awarded.
- In 2021, $15,000 was awarded. We strive to grow our endowment to award more scholarship dollars to Tinmouth students.
We are pleased to continue our Continuing Education Scholarship Opportunity for college or learning after high school. The applications are hosted on Google Forms, complete yours HERE, this means that you will automatically receive an email with your responses and have the ability to edit your application if needed. If you do edit your submission, don’t forget to submit before the application deadline, MAY 1st at 1159PM. Here is the scoring rubric to help you craft your application.
The Susan McIntosh Lloyd Scholarship was awarded for the first time in 2019. This is an additional essay in the scholarship application.
If you are a Mill River graduating senior, you are also eligible to apply for the Pam Garceau Memorial Scholarship which is an additional essay in the scholarship application.
If you need help filling out the application or have questions, please email or call us. We are here to help. Contact us by email. All applications for scholarships are due by 11:59pm on May 1st and scholarships will be awarded in June.
The Tinmouth Scholarship Fund is building its endowment through the generous support of Tinmouth donors and the Tinmouth Plant Sale which donates 100% of its proceeds to the Scholarship annually. Thank you to all who have contributed in the past and in the future. Wouldn’t you like to remember the Scholarship Fund in your will? Please contact us for assistance on planned giving with our partner, the Vermont Community Foundation.
Tinmouth Community Fund Scholarship Eligibility:
1. Must be a current resident of Tinmouth, Vermont.
2. Must be accepted at an institution of higher learning (2 or 4 year college) or a program offering advanced study beyond high school including trade schools, or other intensive learning opportunities.
3. Anyone can apply for a grant. Priority is given to those who have not received grants in the past, but everyone is encouraged to apply for every year of study.
Deadline for filing applications is May 1st.