Trash and Recycling

Transfer Station -Trash and Recycling

The Transfer Station (for trash disposal and recycling) is open Saturday morning 8:00-12:00 and Wednesday afternoon 4:00-7:00. A punch ticket is required ($20 or $100 sizes). Each 30-gallon bag of trash is 1 punch ($2.00). Larger items are priced according to size.

Recycling is FREE

1. Zero sort for glass, tin cans, aluminum, #1-7 plastic

2. Paper – sort into newspaper; corrugated cardboard; and all other papers

3. Metal (except for refrigerators, freezers, and air-conditioners containing Freon)

COMPUTER COLLECTION:  There are two permanent computer collection bins  at the Transfer Station. We accept TV’s, computers, computer monitors, peripherals (mouse, keyboard, speakers, scanner, external hard drive, computer speakers, etc) and desk sized printers (no floor models) in our “COVERED ELECTRONICS”.

The second bin is for all other E-waste not listed above.  We will still accept these,  but we will not get paid for them. Please note that these CANNOT go in the trash and cannot go into the metal bin!


Cordless phone/Charger

Answering Machine

Digital TV Converter Box

Video Game Console

Very Light Equipment   (small CD players/radios, etc.)

Bag of cords/chargers/misc.


CD/DVD Players

One Piece Stereos

Fax Machine

Stereo Speakers 

If you are not sure which gaylord to place them in, please ask the Transfer Station Attendant.

Programs are also available throughout the County to serve Vermont residents.  For a list of registered collection locations, visit: or call 1-855-6ecycle 

Punch tickets must be obtained at the Town Office.  Town Information sheets are available at the Transfer Station or Town Office or for download at the top of this page. .

Household Hazardous Waste  (HHW) is only accepted on designated days.  Residents of Tinmouth may also drop off their household hazardous waste at the Gleason Road Hazardous Waste Depot during normal operating hours.  PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIRED.  

RESIDENTS of the SWAC communities may also purchase a non-district permit to utilize the Rutland County Solid Waste District (RCSWD) Gleason Road transfer station and hazardous waste depot. This permit allows access to the Gleason Road facility and provides drop off of household hazardous waste at no charge, trash disposal at current rates, and access to recycling drop-offs.

Permit purchase is available at the Scalehouse or Hazardous Waste Depot at the transfer station or at the RCSWD offices, located at 1 Smith Road, Rutland, Vermont, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Permits are not available for sale on weekends at either location. Telephone 802-775-7209 for additional information and current rates.

BUSINESSES, which may include town offices, schools, towns, and town garages can dispose of their wastes at the RCSWD Gleason Road Hazardous Waste Depot. A permit is required to access the facility. Contact RCSWD directly at 802-775-7209 to purchase a permit, receive an estimate of disposal costs, and to schedule an appointment to drop off wastes. Payment for disposal will be required at the time of drop-off.

Waste management for Tinmouth is overseen by the Solid Waste Alliance Communities (SWAC). Website at ( as well as the SWAC Facebook page