Tinmouth Community Fund Post High School Scholarship Information.
The Tinmouth Community Fund granted its first grants to two graduating high school seniors in June of 2012 and followed with 5 more in 2013. In 2014 5 $800 scholarships were awarded to Tinmouth students. In 2015 and 2016 $9500 was awarded. In 2017 we awarded $10,500 to 9 students. Here is a photo from our awards ceremony in June. Tinmouth Community Fund awards College Scholarships
We are pleased to continue our Post High School Scholarship Opportunity for college or advanced studies. Applications are available at via the link below or via email from firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Mill River Guidance Office.
Questions: contact email@example.com or Cathy Reynolds at 446-2928. Applications are due May 15 and scholarships will be awarded in June.
The Scholarship Fund is building its endowment through the generous support of Tinmouth donors and the Tinmouth Plant Sale which donates 100% of its proceeds to the Scholarship Annually. Thank you to all who have contributed in the past and in the future. Wouldn’t you like to remember the Scholarship Fund in your will? Please contact us for assistance on planned giving with our partner, the Vermont Community Foundation.
1. Must be a current resident of Tinmouth, Vermont.
2. Must be accepted at an institution of higher learning or a program offering advanced study beyond high school.
3. Anyone can apply for a grant. Priority is given to those who have not received grants in the past, but previous year recipients will be considered if funds allow.
Selection of recipients shall be based on a combination of potential, merit and financial need. Merit is determined by considering the following:
1. Character and Ability
2. Volunteer and/ or work experience
3. Realistic and thoughtful career/education goals
Deadline for filing applications is May 15